Saturday, August 15, 2009

The First Post

The very first post!
So I have been toying with the idea of writing my own BLOG for soooo long, now I am finally here, staring at blank white space, nervous and apprehensive.

Goodluck! Goodluck getting yourself heard in the noise of the cyber world!

Ahh well, lets begin....why Mal- De-Vivre? Because MalDeVivre was taken, I had to put in the dashes.
I think Mal De Vivre is french, roughly meaning 'The Pain of Living', Or 'The Pain Of Existence'?? Although none of the translation tools on the internet were able to translate this phrase for me, I figured if 'Joie de vivre' meant the 'Joy of Living', then the title of my BLOG pertains to the 'Pain of Living'.
I must give due credit to G, who introduced me to this phrase, its an affliction he suffers from, or so he tells me. The timing of this BLOG is significant, in that it coincides with a period in my life, where I am experiencing a great deal of dissatisfaction with status quo, a great deal of internal interrogation and an inability to make sense of the chaos in my head.
No, its not that time of the month! I have given 'it' time to settle, there is no settling to be had.
So when G dropped this term on me, I wondered, am I afflicted too?

No comments:

Post a Comment